May 16, 2022
Description: Grants to invest in the modernization and expansion of U.S. ports to remove bottlenecks, ensure long-term competitiveness, resilience, and sustainability while reducing impacts to the environment and neighboring communities.
Eligible Recipients: A port authority, a commission or its subdivision or agent under existing authority, a State or political subdivision of a State or local government, an Indian Tribe, a public agency or publicly chartered authority established by one or more States, a special purpose district with a transportation function, a multistate or multijurisdictional group of entities, or a lead entity described above jointly with a private entity or group of private entities (including the owners or operators of a facility, or collection of facilities, at a port).
Eligible Uses: Projects that improve the resiliency of ports to address sea-level rise, flooding, extreme weather events, earthquakes, and tsunami inundation, as well as projects that reduce or eliminate port-related criteria pollutant or greenhouse gas emissions, including projects for:
1. Port electrification or electrification master planning;
2. Harbor craft or equipment replacements/retrofits;
3. Development of port or terminal micro-grids;
4. Providing idling reduction infrastructure;
5. Purchase of cargo handling equipment and related infrastructure;
6. Worker training to support electrification technology;
7. Installation of port bunkering facilities from ocean-going vessels for fuels;
8. Electric vehicle charge or hydrogen refueling infrastructure for drayage, and medium or heavy-duty trucks and locomotives that service the port and related grid upgrades;
9. Other related to port activities including charging infrastructure, electric rubber-tired gantry cranes, and anti-idling technologies;
10. Activities to ensure the cybersecurity of information technology and operational technology of port systems;
11. As well as projects under 46 U.S.C. 50302 which States Funds for the Port Infrastructure Development Program are awarded on a competitive basis to projects that improve the safety, efficiency, or reliability of the movement of goods into, out of, around, or within a port.
Deadline for FY22: May 16, 2022
Learn More: Here