Congressman Himes Launches Fourth District Photography Contest
Bridgeport, CT – Congressman Himes is pleased to launch a Fourth District photography contest running from June 3 – June 21. The contest invites Connecticut’s Fourth District constituents to share their favorite snaps from any of the 17 towns and cities in the district. The winning photo, selected by Rep. Himes and staff members, will be featured as Rep. Jim Himes’ Facebook Cover and the winner will also be invited for a coffee and chat with Rep. Himes.
The first, second and third place winning photos will be featured and credited on the Congressman’s website and social media pages.
“Connecticut’s Fourth District is one of the most beautiful and diverse districts, with beautiful beaches, vibrant cities, scenic parks, historic downtowns, sprawling farms and much more,” Himes said. “I am excited to see the photographs submitted as constituents share what they love most about where we live.”
Himes encourages contest participants to share their photos on social media with the hashtag #MYCT04.
- The contest begins Monday, June 3 and runs through Friday, June 21. Winners will be selected by Congressman Himes and his staff on June 27 and the winners will be announced on Monday, July 1.
- Entrants submitting photographs must live in one of the 17 towns in the district, CT-04.
- This includes: Bridgeport, Darien, Easton, Fairfield, Greenwich, Monroe, New Canaan, Norwalk, Redding, Ridgefield, Shelton (part), Stamford, Trumbull, Weston, Westport and Wilton.
- One entry is allowed per photographer.
- Entries must be the original work of the person submitting.
- By entering the contest, the entrant acknowledges the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant, the photograph does not infringe on copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title or claim to the photograph.
- The photograph cannot contain obscene, defamatory, sexually explicit or otherwise inappropriate content.
- The photograph should not contain camera or user placed text. Examples: date stamps or comments added to the photo.
- Formats accepted: .jpeg or .png format and cannot be larger than 10 MB.
- Each entry must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 pm on Friday, June 21 and contain the following information:
- First and last name of photographer
- Title of photograph
- Date and location of photograph
- Entrant’s contact information including telephone number, town of residence and email
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Lauren Gray at 203-333-6600 or email@example.com. Follow Congressman Himes on Facebook here, Instagram here and Twitter here.