Services: Social Security and Medicare
I’ve put together this list of resources to help you find answers to questions you might have about Social Security or Medicare. If you would like my staff to assist you with a specific Social Security or Medicare-related problem, you’ll find more information below.
If you are reaching Medicare age (64 and 8 months) please contact your local Social Security office to make sure you will not be subject to a late enrollment penalty fee if you choose not to enroll at this time.
If you don’t find an answer here, please call my Bridgeport or Stamford office. The phone numbers are at the bottom of this page. Because we need your permission to make inquiries on your behalf, you may need to fill out a Privacy Act Waiver and mail or fax it to us before we contact other federal agencies about your situation. You can download one by clicking here.
- Locate the Social Security office near you
- Get a New or Replacement Card
- Apply for retirement benefits online
- Apply for other benefits, such as disability and survivors benefits
- Check the status of your application for retirement, survivor or disability benefits
- Appeal a decision about disability eligibility
- Learn more about the appeals process for Social Security and SSI
- Estimate your future benefits
- Read the Social Security site in Spanish
- Get a replacement Medicare card
- Apply online for Medicare
- Read general information about Parts A (Hospital Insurance), B (Medical Insurance), C (Medicare Advantage) and D (Prescription drug plans)
- Apply for Extra Help with prescription drug plan costs
- Determine how premiums are calculated for higher-income beneficiaries
- Read the Medicare site in Spanish